Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Crazies

Every once in awhile, I will be in a meeting and the neon lights start making me a little crazy and I will start to drift off on this funny train of thought that's like, "What if I just started screaming at the top of my lungs right now. What would happen?" There have been a few times where I have been sooooooo close to actually doing it. It's a great fear of mine that someday I will snap and actually do it. Does anyone else have these urges? I know my husband does too and we talk about it at home often... for example one day someone had brought a baby into his office and everyone was standing around looking at the baby and all he wanted to do was take the glass of water he had in his hand and pour some water right on the baby. What would everyone do? It's hilarious to think about how close we ride the edge between sane and insane-- kind of like how just a tiny pane of glass separates you from the tigers at the zoo. Whenever, I have one of these urges, I always just say to myself... "This is what separates me from a crazy person. I will not scream in my coworker's face." It has worked up until this point :)

No comments:

Post a Comment